A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Antique Artifact Review 86 : Antique Mughal Betel Nut Cutter / Kacip ( 19th Century)


The item listed here is called "kacip" or a betel nut cutter. Made of bronze and has some forms of peacocks. It is from Mughal area and estimated from 19th Century. Origin from India
Compare this cutter with the one from Malaysia as below :



Malay Betel Nut Cutter

See below the housing of the betel nut , Tepak Sireh
Malay Tepak Sireh
Mughal Tepak Sireh

Dim : 150mm x 80cm
Date : 19th Century CE
Material : Bronze
Origin : India

No comments:

Post a Comment