A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Ancient Artifact Review 94 : Antique Quranic Writing Block / Tablet ( Libya 19th Century)



This is a writing block made of wood typically used in Islamic school in Libya. Measuring at
37x20x2cm undated probably used in 19th-20th century
The use of tablet especially wood is very popular in Africa to help students learning Quran. Quranic verses are written on the tablet and read all over again in order to memorize. Once the memorization complete, the verses are erased and replaced with next memorization task.


No comments:

Post a Comment