A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ancient Artifact Review 75 : Antique Turkish Shoe Shine Set late 20th Century






This is an old Shoe Shine Set from Turkey. There are 12 bottles in total of various sizes. The box set has a decorated brass layer on the front and the top whereas the inner body is made of zinc I believed. 2 small drawers are fitted at the back. A shoe holder is fitted at the top of this set.
All the bottles have a mark Altin Yunus at the bottom. Hence I believe this set was made in Altin Yunus Turkey.
Bought from Dubai and estimated from 20th Century.

Dim : 600mm in length and 220mm in height
Date : 20th Century CE
Material : Brass / Tin /Wood / Glass
Origin : Altin Yunus, Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment