A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Ancient Coin Review 72 : Bendahara Sewa Raja Wan Ahmad Quarter Tampang 1295 AH ( Sultanate Pahang)


This is a another rare tampang coin from Bendahara Sewa Raja Wan Ahmad . However in 1882 CE he was proclaimed as the first Sultan of Pahang claiming the title Sultan Wan Ahmad AL Muazzam Shah.He used to be Bendahara from 1863-1881AD.
This coin was struck in 1295 AH ( 1878 CE)

Similar Tampang can be found in below link
Pahang Tampang

Obv : Floral Design
Rev: Malik Al Adil tarikh kepada bulan Rejab sanat 1295
Weight : 13 gm
Dim : 28 x 28 x 8mm
Date : 1295 AH ( 1878 CE)
Rarity : RR
Denom : 1/4 tampang = 1/100 Dollar           
Material : Tin
Reference : SS20  pg 143 ( The Encyclopedia of the Coins)
Purchase Price : RM pr

No comments:

Post a Comment