A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ancient Artifact Review 22 : Antique Ottoman Pen Case ( Divit) dated 1121 AH


 This is an old Ottoman Pen case ( Divit) which measures  12" long with an inkwell at one end. It is beautifully decorated with floral motives. Made of brass and dated 1121 AH ( 1709 CE).


Compare with pen case from Iran Qajaf era
Qajar Qalamdan


Dim : 12in
Date : 1121 AH ( 1709 CE)
Material : Brass
Origin : Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment