A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 84 : Antique Malay Quran Manuscript ( 19th Century)




 
This is a beautifully written Quran manuscript originated from South East Asia. Its believed to have been written in 18-19th century. This manuscript is written in Malay-Naskh calligraphy in black ink on Dutch beige paper 15 lines to a page. Black leather binding beautifully embossed in a floral design.Some pages are missing, water stained and torn with fraying edges.All headings are written in red with every “ ayaah” or verses are separated by small red circle. The borders of the pages are ruled with red ( inset) and black ( outset).About 200+ leaves ( 400+ pages). I acquired this manuscript from a friend in Indonesia quite a while ago.

Manuscript Specs
Item : Antique Malay Quran
Manuscript Content : Quran
Dim : 33 cm x 21 cm x 3 cm
Date : 18-19th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : South East Asia
Calligraphy : Malay - Naskh
Design : Written in Malay-Naskh scripts in red & black
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment