A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 68 : Antique Tauhid Manuscript in Javanese ( 19th Century)




 
This is a handwritten manuscript on Islamic Tauhid originated from Indonesia. It was written in Javanese language. The covers are made of thin brownish leather and seem to be original. No illuminations and no page missing. I acquired this manuscript from a friend in Indonesia about a few   years ago.

Manuscript Specs Item : Antique Malay Javanese Islamic Manuscript
Manuscript Content : Islamic Tauhid
Dim : 14" x 8.5" x 2.5"
Date : 18-19th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : Java island South East Asia
Calligraphy : Malay ?
Design : Written in Malay scripts in red & black
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment