A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 54 : Antique Indo Persian Quran ( 19th century)





This is a handwritten Quran from Indian-Persian region. Texts are written in Naskh script within gold frame. The first 2 pages are beautifully illuminated. It's undated but from the design & illumination I would safely estimate it was written between 18th-19th century.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Quran
Content : A complete Quran
Dim : 7" x 4.5" x 1.5"
Date : 18th-19th CE
Copyist : Ananymous
Origin : Afghanistan/Iran/India
Calligraphy :  Naskh
Design : 14 lines written text per page
Purchased Price :USD

2 comments:

  1. Please contact me:
    djt.2012.777@gmail.com

    I am interested in speaking about acquiring a Qur'an like the one photographed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Вас интересует? У меня тоже есть древнейшая книга Коран она очень похожа..

      Delete