A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Ancient Manuscript Review 43 : Antique Yemeni Mini Quran Manuscript (18th century)





This is a mini handwritten Yemeni Quran acquired from Yemen. It is incomplete as few first & last pages are missing. The Quran was written in a simple Naskh calligraphy. Undated but probably about 200-300 years old.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Yemeni Mini Quran
Content : A Quran
Dim : 2.5" x 1.75" x 2"
Date : 17-18th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : Yemen
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : 21 lines written in Naskh with red diacritical marks
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment