A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ancient Manuscript Review 14 : Antique Daghestan Quran ( 1247 AH)






This is a rare large Daghestan Quran. The first 2 pages are water painted with various colors. This Quran is copied by Muhammad in 1247 AH.

Manuscript Specs

Item : A Handwritten Daghestan Quran
Content : A complete Quran
Dim : 17" x 9" x 2"
Date : 1247 AH ( 1831 CE))
Copyist : Muhammad
Origin : Daghestan
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : Text written in Naskh script on laid paper with vowel & diacritical signs in black and red. 14 lines per page.Margin or most pages were decorated with beautiful floral motive water painted. Leather cover was not original.
Purchased Price :USD

No comments:

Post a Comment